Shrewsbury House Pre Preparatory School was inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in May 2022. We are delighted that in this Focused Compliance Inspection the ISI found us to meet all the standards in relation to the Education Regulations 2014 and associated requirements for the Early Years Foundation Stage, with no further action required.
The following areas were assessed with no subsequent recommendations:
- Quality of education provided
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
- Welfare, health and safety of pupils
- Suitably of staff, supply staff and proprietors
- Premises of and accommodation at schools
- Provision of Information
- Manner in which complaints are handled
- Quality of leadership and management
This endorsement supports our 2017 full ISI Inspection where we were given the highest possible rating of ‘Excellent’ in every area.
The key findings were:
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils achieve excellent standards in relation to their age and starting points.
- Pupils’ oral communication and reading skills are particularly strong.
- Pupils demonstrate very well-developed skills in information and communication technology (ICT), which they use widely across the curriculum.
- Pupils develop an excellent capacity for independent and creative thinking due to the encouragement they receive to make decisions in their learning and to explain their reasoning.
- Highly positive attitudes towards learning underpin the pupils’ success and contribute strongly to their good progress.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent:
- Throughout the school, pupils are happy and proud of all they achieve.
- Pupils have a strong sense of self and a growing understanding of their relative strengths and weaknesses, and how to improve their learning.
- Pupils’ moral sense is well developed; they understand the consequences of their actions and the reason for rules.
- Pupils demonstrate a strong ability to work successfully as a team and display mutual respect to one another.