Shrewsbury House Pre Preparatory School was inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in June 2017 and we were delighted to be awarded a rating of ‘Excellent’ in every area. This is the highest rating possible.
The key findings were:
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils achieve excellent standards in relation to their age and starting points.
- Pupils’ oral communication and reading skills are particularly strong.
- Pupils demonstrate very well-developed skills in information and communication technology (ICT), which they use widely across the curriculum.
- Pupils develop an excellent capacity for independent and creative thinking due to the encouragement they receive to make decisions in their learning and to explain their reasoning.
- Highly positive attitudes towards learning underpin the pupils’ success and contribute strongly to their good progress.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent:
- Throughout the school, pupils are happy and proud of all they achieve.
- Pupils have a strong sense of self and a growing understanding of their relative strengths and weaknesses, and how to improve their learning.
- Pupils’ moral sense is well developed; they understand the consequences of their actions and the reason for rules.
- Pupils demonstrate a strong ability to work successfully as a team and display mutual respect to one another.