The early years are critical in a child’s development.
At Shrewsbury House Pre-Prep we provide a safe environment to stimulate the highest quality of learning throughout the Foundation Stage, in order to help all children feel included, secure and valued.
The learning is well planned and organised, so that the children’s experiences are rich and stimulating.
The Foundation Stage is organised into seven areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development is enhanced both in the classroom and through involvement in assemblies and school performances.
- Physical Development is delivered using the fully equipped gymnasium, pool and field through a variety of stimulating physical opportunities.
- Communication and Language Skills are developed so that the children have a solid foundation on which they can build.
- Literacy is developed through a variety of adult led and child initiated reading and writing activities.
- Mathematical Learning gives the opportunity to develop practical and written number, shape, space and measure skills.
- Understanding the World is learnt through interactive play and focused practical and written activities.
- Expressive Arts and Design encourage creative development by introducing the children to a range of activities and media.